Veadotube mini (2.0a) extension to select png

Description

This is an extension used in conjunction with veadotube mini (v2.0a) and Twitch. It retrieves the models in veadotube after it connects via the websocket introduced in v2.0 of the application.

Available methods to trigger a PNG change are:

• Manually triggering an action in streamer.bot
  • Using a chat command in twitch
  • Redeeming a channel reward in twitch

I believe it should work on v2.0 of veadotube as well but there were a lot of improvements in v2.0a from v2.0 so I don’t think anyone should be using v2.0 at the moment

Import File

Veadotube extension.sb (5.5 KB)

Installation

1. In Streamerbot select the Import button from the top menu.
  2. Drag and drop the file or copy the text from the file and paste all the text into the Import String field.

There should be 4 actions, 1 command and 1 webserver client:

Configuration

Webserver client & veadotube

Under Servers/Clients > Websocket Clients, change the port number to the one that appears in veadotube. Since the value in server address does not exist by default, insert the value 127.0.0.1:57058 there. You can pick a different port than 57078, just make sure to change it in streamer.bot as well (underlined in red, here editing is disabled because streamer.bot is connected to the websocket client). You can use the address under serving at but do note that this is randomly generated each time you start veadotube, so you will have to reconfigure the address in streamer.bot every time.

To make your PNGs easier to manage, ensure you gave all of them names (preferably those you can remember so that if you are using chat commands or twitch redeems with inputs, people and yourself can do it with ease). You can set the name of the PNG by clicking on the PNG icon on the right, clicking on the pencil icon and editing the value in state name:

Actions

If you have many PNGs and among them you happen to have some PNGs you don’t want people to be able to change to (if you have a special birthday PNG, you usually wouldn’t want to allow people to change your PNG to that one any time, right? Usually it would not matter if you never share the PNG name, but someone could still guess the name of the PNG --if you don’t insert a name, veadotube assigns generic names, which means your PNG becomes guessable), you will want to edit the Read PNG list code:

1. add only the available model names (top blue highlighted part)
  2. uncomment the lower blue highlighted part (remove the // at the start of the line)
  3. Comment the line highlighted in yellow (add // at the start of the line)
  4. Edit the list of models that are not allowed (green highlighted part)

Commands/Redeems

Configure the command (under Command tab) as appropriate (in the sb file you download, the Twitch command should be named !png under the category Twitch related). I assume that you already know how to do that. It is advisable to restrict the chat command to people you trust or allowing it to work only for yourself. For this command, I would usually go with only myself allowed. The usage of this command for example would be !png model1 where model1 is the name of one of your PNG models in veadotube. Since I’m the only one who can use the command, I did not set any cooldowns. If you make it so anyone can use the command, consider adding cooldowns.

Similarly, you might want to use adequate cooldowns for your Twitch channel point redemption (you will have to create this one, it doesn’t get exported with the actions)

In the same vein, disable the triggers for the action Twitch redemption/chat command appropriately as I have all three triggers active by default:

Contributors

I would not have been able to create this extension if not for vj4 who did the most of the foundations of the extension.

Other notes

I am not using the full functionality of veadotube’s websocket client and will probably revisit it at a later time, but if you are interested to delving deeper, you can always check out the documentation. Otherwise, you can find me usually on discord and twitch, links should be in my profile.

Changelog

• 2024-Sep-02 - v1.0 Initial extension

Hey, thanks for submitting! We generally advise people, which is also mentioned in the submission forum, to first use the testing forum Testing - Streamer.bot Extensions so they can also share their submission with other people and have it tested and rated. This can help you first of to get some testers and feedback, like sharing the link in the Streamer.bot Discord in the library channel, and second helps us to not have to go too much in-depth when testing things as we also might not have, or generally use the needed software to give appropriate feedback.

You can just copy the current post you got to the testing forum and just add the Changelog at the bottom which you can see in the Testing post example which is provided. You can leave the submission here, and just comment again once you feel like you got some good testing in.

1 Like